Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cooking with JB: An Odd Subject for my 100th Post

Even though this is my 100th post and should therefore be commemorated with some tale about how I did everything I know how to do in Yin Style 100 times on each side, I have no such tale to tell. I did realize, however, that I'm also currently writing a blog about things that I cook and that since while I was in London, I was staying with Matt and Jinbao and thus got to eat a lot of JB's cooking, which I'm now trying to replicate, and I bet some YSB folks would have interest in. On that blog, I've been documenting my attempts, when successful, at some of the "hash that JB would sling," if you pardon the slang. It's all traditional Chinese home-cooking, nothing fancy, and it's all quite good. Here's where to go to see some of those recipes (as well as a couple of my own), look for the ones with the keyword "JB" in the title. For the record, I didn't actually get any of JB's recipes, but I do pay a lot of attention to the things I eat (very slowly) and have been cooking long enough to do a fair job of recreating things that I try. Most of these are very close or spot-on.

We did train hard last night: sweeping, cutting, and chopping strikes primarily, along with a nice round of standing strengthening, a little bit of forms practice, and a little bit of saber practice, so this post isn't completely devoid of training news.

No comments:

"The most important thing when studying the martial arts is not to be lazy. These skills are not easily attained. For them, one must endure a lot of suffering." -He Jinbao