Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Back from London

I made it back from London, remarkably enough in one piece. It was quite a trip... definitely too much to detail here in any salient or appropriately brief way, but it is at least fair to say that it has made and will continue to make an absolutely tremendous difference in my training and ability to use the art.

In fact, I'm itching to put my new understanding to use in some serious training, but I've figured out that my body isn't completely willing to go along with all of that yet. I've got a little tendinitis in both wrists and a general fatigue and stiffness that I figure will take a few days to work its way out. Still, I spent about three hours yesterday training at a medium pace, trying to review briefly as much of the intensive as I could remember, which is a lot because of the effectiveness of the repetitive drills that we did.

All-in-all, I have to say that the seminar was excellent. The London group did a spectacular job of organizing the thing, and then Matt and JB did a top notch job of executing it so that it seemed very systematic. Thus, I feel I was able to build up a lot in the places that I most needed to, and furthermore, I was able to retain a lot of the information that was being passed (even without the 39 full pages of notes that I took).

Hopefully, in the coming week or so, I'll be back up to full-gear again and will have more to report as I start to train this material myself. Then I should have more to say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you, it was really nice to meet you in London.
/Fredrik Regn

"The most important thing when studying the martial arts is not to be lazy. These skills are not easily attained. For them, one must endure a lot of suffering." -He Jinbao