Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Totally Stoked

Bradley, Rand, and I got together today for the first time in a long, long while, and it was completely awesome. After studying the Lion qinna techniques (from the video) and discussing a few other applications and drills, we left the situation completely brimming over with excitement for training. Our thinking is that getting together once weekly, or at least once biweekly, is very important to our development, and so we're going to try to continue to do that on a regular basis, particularly since we're not entirely 'homeless' any longer. I have to say that I'm greatly, greatly looking forward to it.

Also, it looks like Bradley might be doing the 100 days of standing while I do it. I haven't started yet because my wife and I have decided to do it together and will be starting in a couple of days, when it's a bit better suited to what's going on (and we're a bit more prepared for it).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was talking to Bradley prior to your arrival the other day. He made the point that over the last year that the three of us have been unable to get together as a group very often, which is being corrected now, but that we all managed to maintain our personal training. I think that this says a great deal about our personal commitiment to training and learning YSB. There are probably only a handfull of days that any of us haven't worked out. Now that we've found a "home", I'm cranked about working apps with you guys. Solo-training has its merits, but it is always great to come together and work as a group.

"The most important thing when studying the martial arts is not to be lazy. These skills are not easily attained. For them, one must endure a lot of suffering." -He Jinbao