Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Tribute Continues

While I'm sure it pales in comparison to the Beijing intensive, I'm keeping my tribute going. I haven't missed a day (actually in a few weeks) where I didn't do something fun with my fake saber. I've also been much better about getting in some solid turning time (which has been more spotty than I'm used to due to my Ph.D. thesis and the variable weather of my adviser's mood on that matter). Top it off with a renewed dedication to drills, and I feel like I'm doing them some justice. Now all I have to do is decide to get up and start it all off at six in da mornin' to top it off (or train for something like twelve hours a day, which I don't think I can make happen so long as there's this jobby-job thing). Maybe I'll try 6:30 or something tomorrow. Sometimes you dive in; sometimes you put a toe in first.

So, my (half-dozen) readers around the globe, send salute and tribute to your YSB comrades that are either in Beijing or heading that way soon by upping your workouts until the end of the intensive. Feel free to comment and put some publication on what you're up to!

1 comment:

Myles said...

I just finished going over the 9 postures and the 24 basic strikes of the Bear system. This is all new material to me and I'm quite excited to have another animal to compare and contrast with the Lion system.

"The most important thing when studying the martial arts is not to be lazy. These skills are not easily attained. For them, one must endure a lot of suffering." -He Jinbao